There's something that seems complex and overwhelming about adopting a "healthy lifestyle". I mean it involves your whole life. But my mission is to help women realize that a healthy lifestyle is made up of a bunch of simple habits. These habits can be adopted one by one, as slow or as fast as you'd like. I bet you already are working on one or two. Here's a list of some simple habits that can help you become a little bit healthier this week.
Just try one and see how you feel.
- drink one glass of water before your morning cup of coffee (or diet coke)
- go for a 15 minute walk after dinner
- try 1 new class at the gym
- 5 minutes of meditation (even in your car!!) Check out the HeadSpace app for guided meditation
- youtube yoga sesh to help you sleep a little better (or energize you in the a.m.)
- walk while you watch your kids play sports
- always drink water with dinner
- try meal prepping 1 item this week
- get up and walk 2x per day
- invite your co-worker (or child/friend/whoever) for an after lunch walk
- or take a walk with your thoughts
- try a new-to-you walking or hiking path
- pack your lunch 1 extra time this week- a real lunch, not eating off your kids plate
- give meal planning a try (or just plan dinners or lunches or snacks)
- swap 1 soda for 1 extra cup of water today
- put in your headphones and go for a walk, jog, run, bike ride! (i LOVE listening to podcasts while walking)
- take your dog for a walk instead of making your kids do it
- if you already walk, take a jog!
- do a 10 minute HIIT/circuit workout
- look at your calendar and pencil in a couple of workouts
Again, the point is to try ONE! Just one. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I strongly believe that some extra activity can help you de-stress and feel more centered and "with it" during the day. And who doesn't want that??
If you need some extra accountability or need a push in the right direction, feel free to reach check out my plans. My mission is to help women become healthier and more confident in their skin.